Pavel Pétel for H&M
Makeup & Photo: Sergey Ostrikov
I don’t know what’s happening here but I like it.
I just love her so much.
Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger, 1967
JUST KISS ALREADY.
OH MY GOD
That is the most beautiful chicken I have ever SEEN.
Chook and chicken. (Chicken and chick? Hen and Henlet?)
Clearing the myth on welfare payments to refugee:
- First of all, refugees are not illegal immigrants. It has never been illegal in Australia to arrive on shore without a visa seeking asylum. In fact it’s one of the rights within the UN’s declarations on refugees which Australia helped to write.
- When an asylum seeker arrives in Australia, they do not get any Centrelink benefits. While their status is being processed, and if they meet certain criteria, they can be eligible for financial support from the Asylum Seeker Assistance Scheme, administered through the Red Cross. This amount is 89% of the basic Centrelink allowance. This means approximately $405.84 per fortnight – over $260 less than a pensioner.
- Once an asylum seeker is recognised as a genuine refugee, after a long and highly scrutinized process, they are given permanent residency and are then entitled to the same Centrelink, schooling and health benefits as anyone else. No more, no less.
- The normal Centrelink welfare payment is $456 per fortnight, for a refugee with permanent residency and an Australian-born person. A pensioner in Australia receives $671.90. Over $200 more each fortnight. Even with family/parenting benefits, a refugee’s benefits would still be less than a pensioner’s income.
- For an asylum seeker to qualify for any payment under the Asylum Seeker Assistance Scheme, they must have lodged an application for a visa 6 months before, not be in detention, and not get any other payment or benefit.
- To get a permanent residence as a refugee, the person has to prove they are a genuine refugee fleeing persecution, go through character, security and medical tests, and sign an Australian Values Statement.
- ‘Boat people’ are asylum seekers. Refugees are asylum seekers who have been approved and given a visa. None of them are ‘illegal immigrants’.
To summarise they dont get more than other Australians. Seeking asylum is not illegal. Only those who are genuine refugees ( that is fleeing persecution) can stay (so that means no to economic migrants).
S. Ross Browne
Ummm…I am so VERY into this right now!
But Black people in period or fantasy settings totally makes the stories unreal.
Also holy shit I love these.
How come I don’t run across this stuff regularly?
Because of racism and the retroactive erasure of POC in Medieval Europe. Pretty much the same reason you almost never see these works of art either unless you’re already looking for them:
These are beautiful.
Xena’s amazing costumes.
“A friend took this pic in Arizona USA. The meteorologists don’t have a name for it.
Seems to be high energy to be in a Rainbow and a tornado! ”
(source: Council of World Elders)
go home rainbow you’re tornado
I have a name for it… the fucking portal to Oz.
I’m pretty good with this being either the gateway to Oz or the Bifrost.
450 square feet, WOW! - specht harpman
Storage in a small space = yes.